April 06, 2008

A Day in the (Abundant) Life!

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jn 10:10
Everyday spent living for the Lord is certainly a day well spent!

Yesterday, we had the chance to go out Soul Winning and spend some time talking to people about the glorious gospel and their need for Jesus Christ. Barry and I found that most people are way too busy to consider such things. Some people even got offended that we would mention Christ or the fact that they would have to face Him after they die ...
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. Heb 9:27

However praise God a handful of people did stop and listen!! Please pray for Vol, Catherine and Seamas that they would repent and trust in Jesus for eternal salvation! Also pray for those we didn't meet. Every time I hand out a tract I take comfort in the promise that God will always honour His word, even if I didn't get to witness well.
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isa. 55:11

We also got the chance to meet with Tadgh and talk to him about salvation. I am praying he will finally let his guard down and get saved! Pray for him, he will be coming to church today!

In the evening we had a teen activity and had lots of fun. We sang some great songs and learnt about abiding in Christ, and fulfilling our entire purpose for being alive in Him ... to bear fruit and bring glory to God! Johann's french exchange student came along, and amazingly enough we had a copy of the Bible in french for him! I know it's not a coincidence that he was coupled up with Johann and will be in church and studies while he is here in Ireland. Pray for his salvation!!

Well, it's time to go to church, pray for Bro. Kevin O'Keeffe who is preaching this morning while our beloved Pastor is away in the US with Ruth!

In Christ,
John

No comments: