April 15, 2008

The Longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows!

Amen, it's been an encouragement to read the comments from believers in different countries! Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Pro. 27:17
When I reflect on another week spent serving the Lord my heart is honestly overwhelmed ... since the last post my mum and sister came back safely from the Philippines! I certainly missed them and the house was much different without them :-(

Spent the week trying to get various things done in the office while Pastor is gone! Tallying the Men's Retreat expenses, planning for the church picnic etc.
The Bible study was good on Wednesday and we had two of the visitors from the previous Sunday there too! That was awesome! Bill did a great job filling in while Pastor is away.


Pastor and Ruth were at the WCBC Youth Conference last week and many teens presented their bodies a living sacrifice to God!! Amen!
They have left California now and are in Hot Springs, Arkansas! Pastor preached in Alabama on the Sunday and Bro. Dan Eberly was there too. (He and his wife are moving here next September praise God!) They will see Joel and also visit Champion Baptist College where Buddy teaches. The Pastor, Dr. Eric Capaci is definitely a Spirit-filled preacher and I love his not only his energy and enthusiasm but his messages are always so practical! He is an exhorting Barnabas for sure!

There was no Teen Night or Bible Institute this weekend so it was much needed extra time to work on my message. Bill, Joseph, Barry and I went out door-knocking on Saturday afternoon in an estate called Wyndham Downs. Barry and I found there that weren't alot of people home (it was lovely weather) but we did get to give the gospel to a few people (Amen!) and prayed that the tracts would be read. We came across a teen who used to come out to Teen Night for a while but she decided it wasn't for her. Please pray for her salvation!

Dad preached Sunday morning on being dead to the law. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. Rom. 6:14 He showed us how the law had condemned us and revealed our wicked sin. But now, through the blood of Jesus Christ we are dead to the law and freed from sin!!
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom. 8:1-2
It was a message straight from the heart! Yet another blessing to have a saved Dad (and family!) who loves the Lord and is an example to follow.
We had 4 new visitors, and many new faces back for the morning service so that was a blessing to see.

I preached in the evening on the importance of having our heart soft and inclined to God!
Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Isa. 55:3
I looked at how I got saved and how we should live everyday like we just got saved! I didn't know anything about living for God but that didn't mean that I couldn't! We just need to have a heart to listen and obey each step of the way. Looking unto Jesus always for our sustenance and guidance at every moment! Without Him we can do nothing at all ...

I sung a song called Are You Willing? by Niki Lott and Alicia Reagan. Powerful lyrics ...

Jesus left his home in Heaven and came to earth to die
In the garden He prayed, Father not my will but thine
He gave His life a sacrifice that you and I might live
He gave until there was no more He could give


He was willing to pay the price in full
He was willing to give for us His all
He was willing to come and die on the cross
He was willing His Father to obey
He was willing to wash my sins away
He was willing to yield whatever the cost
He was willing …

Christ is asking you today to give to Him your all
He longs to see your life surrendered to His call
Christian, will you die to self? He died that you might live
Is a living sacrifice to much to give?


Are you willing to pay the price in full?
Are you willing to give to Christ your all?
Are you willing to take and carry your cross?
Are you willing His commandments to obey?
Are you willing to serve near or far away?
Are you willing to yield whatever the cost
Are you willing …

Full surrender of everything is the only way
That a living sacrifice can on the altar lay
Oh, will you say?


Lord, I’m willing to pay the price in full
I am willing to give to you my all
I am willing to take and carry my cross
Lord, I’m willing your commandments to obey
I am willing to serve near or far away
I am willing to yield whatever the cost
Lord, I’m willing … I am willing … Are you willing?

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hi, John!

Wow! What a powerful words! I wish I could hear the music. I also recently posted a song by these two ladies called "He Gave Himself," sung by the Marshall girls. You just know these words were inspired by the Lord! Your Sunday service sounds like it was great. Ours was too! God is good! =) Praise the Lord!

With a singing heart,
Hannah